As Palestinians continue to bravely confront ethnic cleansing and genocide, it’s time to globalize the Intifada. This call is rooted in direct action and driven by the belief that all colonized and oppressed people have the right to take back their land, to realize self-determination, and to win their liberation by any means necessary. We build upon the revolutionary spirit and inspiration of Palestinian resistance, in the understanding that our own liberation is either collective or nonexistent, and that it must reflect the interconnectedness of our struggles in our neighborhoods and homelands. That is why we are organizing actions every week as we build towards September 17th, a peak day of action across New York City and beyond.
Globalize the Intifada comes from the urgent need to defend our lands, resist our oppressors, and break free from the genocidal grip of U.S. imperialism and Zionism. Waves of solidarity have swept the world in reaction to the Sheikh Jarrah evictions, the bombardment of Gaza, and the militarist policies of the U.S.-sponsored Zionist regime. These events have united Palestinians across the occupied territories and in exile, and also sparked a new unity against colonial violence in many parts of the world; from Colombia and Mexico, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, Bangladesh and the Philippines, to the Bronx and Bay Ridge in New York City. As Palestinians from Gaza and Haifa to Al-Quds and Beita have consolidated their resistance to the Zionist settler-colonial project, we too must amplify the spirit of Palestine Liberation in the belly of the beast by linking arms with all those who are confronting U.S. and Israeli aggression globally.
Globalize the Intifada expands the terrain of struggle by creating new points of leverage for our movements based on the interconnectedness of our struggles. Although these struggles arise from our specific place in the world, the forces we are fighting against–the creditor class, the landlords, the cops, the prison industry, the teargas manufacturers, the multinational corporations, the mining companies, and the military defense complex–are all interconnected parts of the same oppressive system. So we can find points of convergence in our separate struggles when we join the dots between what is happening across the street, or ocean, and what we are doing in our own backyard. With each link, and each mobilization, we are building the collective power and relationality needed to effectively confront the tyranny of the settler state.
How can you amplify the message of Globalize the Intifada? Organize an action in your neighborhood along with other communities who support Palestinian liberation and who want to channel the spirit and example of the Palestinian intifada for their own ends. Make it clear that our mutual liberation is interdependent, and identify common targets that have an active hand in the domination of our peoples. To those who participate in, and profit from, the oppression of people here in the U.S. and around the world–your days of comfort are coming to an end. In the coming weeks, the boroughs of this city will become a theater of operations where we can actualize the interconnectedness of our struggles with a diversity of strategies and tactics. Globalize the Intifada will be an ongoing strike at the heart of empire with Palestine as its compass.
Bay Ridge/Sunset Park, Brooklyn
July 30, 2021
This is a non-comprehensive list of what you may need at a rally. You may not need all of these components to have a successful rally but if you have the capacity and resources for the following it will help your action be more successful.
- Create a facebook event page
- Flyer design (we have sample flyers you can use at the bottom)
- Create a standard blurb for people to share on social media. Feel free to use from our introduction.
- Co-sponsor with allied orgs to bring in more resources and support
- Contact legal observers (legal organizations like National Lawyers Guild provide legal observing to rallies across the U.S.)
- Write a press release to send to local media the night before or early the day of the rally.
- Organize a press conference with community leaders and organizations to speak about the goals of the rally to the media.
- Have a point media person to coordinate with media for the press conference
- Create a security plan for those that attend the rally to ensure their safety particularly from Zionist disruptors.
- Be prepared to do jail support in case any protesters are arrested.
- Campuses: contact student organizations and ask them to share on social media.
- Coalitions: invite any coalitions you may be a part of to not only endorse but attend, speak, and volunteer with security and other demanding tasks.
- Local neighborhood: Not everyone is online. Organize physical outreach if you live near a Palestinian community. Ask local stores to advertise your rally in their windows. Go around and tape flyers to bus stops and give them out to those that may be interested
- Markers to write down legal observers/lawyers number who agreed to observe
- Bullhorn/speakers + mic/sound
- Clipboard for sign up sheet
- program coordinator
- Speakers list
- Live stream video
- Security coordinator
- Outreach coordinator
- Media person
- Internal assessment + debrief
- Posting Statement + pictures on Social Media/ website
- From Palestine to Mexico, All the walls have got to go!
- From New York to Gaza Globalize the intifada!
- Free, free Palestine!
Long live Palestine!
Long live the intifada!
- Stop the U.S. war machine
From Palestine to the Philippines!
- Out of Afghanistan, out of Iraq,
Out of Palestine and don’t come back!
- Occupation is a crime, From New York to Palestine!
- From the river to the sea, all our lands will be free
- There is only one solution!
- Everywhere we go,
People wanna know,
Who we are,
So we tell them,
We are the people
The mighty mighty people
Fighting for Justice
& Black Liberation, Palestinian liberation, Puerto rican liberation, x liberation
- Resistance is justified
When people are colonized!